What it means to be Some FIT MAMA!!!
Being a mother is one thing that is entirely in it’s own universe. There are so many life joys that come from being a mom, that life before kids just doesn’t seem to hold a candle to life as a MOM. That’s my take on it, others may not see motherhood that way, but I do. Now add being a FIT mom into the mix, and things get kicked up a few notches.
I feel that since I have started my fitness journey, my road to being Some FIT Mama, I have gained a further appreciation for motherhood. I kind of see things a little differently. I’ve stopped to smell the roses I guess, I think I’m just appreciating everything in my life a little more than I used to.
To me, the benefits of being a Fit Mama are endless, but some of the most considerable ones are:
- I can actually play with my son, on his level, on his terms. I’m no longer sitting on the sidelines watching him play, I am right there playing with him. Whether he’s colouring, or running around, wanting to play hide and seek, I can go along with him. This feels good. I’m building memories for both of us, all of us actually, my husband watches and wants to join in too. The delight on my son’s face is just priceless.
- I can keep up with him, in the past part of the reason i didn’t run around with him was because i couldn’t. It is truly a great feeling to be able to keep up.
- The increases energy and endurance I have from my workout’s help me in multi-tasking. We all know that parents have to be great multi taskers. As a working Mom, I feel like I have a million and one things going on at once, and I feel like I am now getting all of those things under control.
SETTING A POSITIVE EXAMPLE
- Children learn by example, and I feel that setting a positive, healthy example for your children to follow is one of the best things for them
- by watching us, and bu only having healthy foods in the house, my 2 year old actually prefers tomatoes and cucumbers to other snacks. He just loves tomatoes!
- He adores being active, not the kind of kid that just sits down and watches TV. He’s always into something, that’s why I’m so grateful for my increased energy levels.
- I believe that increased confidence radiates on to those around you, especially little ones.
- I honestly feel that children are more well adjusted when both parents exude confidence in everything that they do.
- becoming more fit, and feeling better about myself has increased my confidence levels like crazy, and it’s not all just about how i look. I have more confidence in what I am able to tackle as well. I feel like I can handle anything.
and most of all
- I like knowing that by Eating Clean, and training mean I am improving my health
- I like knowing that this means I will more likely be generally well for my family, and hopefully lead a healthier life, and a longer life – which means I won’t be a burden on my children in my old age. This is something that is of great importance to me.
So these are what I feel are some of the greates benefits of being a fit mama! These points are things that have always been important to me when I’ve thought about what type of mother I want to be. I guess it all boils down to being the most positive influence I can be for my son, to help him become the best person he can be!!